thejdm.com v6 [2026 rebirth]
https://thejdm.com/forum/
Print view

Iowa says Down with spinners!
https://thejdm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2921
Page 1 of 2
Author:  Prok0 [ February 01, 2005 ]
Post subject:  Iowa says Down with spinners!

Check out this article. Iowa wants to ban spinners. lol

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/4148401/detail.html
Author:  .saint [ February 01, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

oh my god!

Struyk met up with a vehicle with spinners at a two-way stop, and he thought the vehicle was still moving. He said it caused him to slam on his breaks and lose control of his car.


you gotta be kidding me!
Author:  JaySmith [ February 01, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

His statement is very controdictive. He says he met up with a vehicle at a stop, but yet needed to slam on his brakes. You should already be driving slow enough where slamming on your brakes isn't necessary.
Author:  Sean @ NDF [ February 01, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

funny nonetheless :)
Author:  .saint [ February 01, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

JDM_EK3 wrote:His statement is very controdictive. He says he met up with a vehicle at a stop, but yet needed to slam on his brakes. You should already be driving slow enough where slamming on your brakes isn't necessary.
he shouldnt be looking over staring at wheels watching the bling blang spin either. what a faggot.
Author:  munster [ February 01, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

I seriously wondered when that would happen considering that any of those stupid lights are illegal due to them being a distraction to other drivers.
Author:  BRYCE [ February 01, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

good they should
Author:  jay-six [ February 02, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

every state should ban the ugly pieces of shit
Author:  kotomile [ February 02, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

Talk about an overreaction! I'm not a big fan of spinners, but I wouldn't want to see them banned without a *good* reason (and I can't think of a good reason why they'd be dangerous). If a state is allowed to ban something auto-related for being a distraction, how far will they go to rid the roadways of other "distractions"? Bright paint, large wheels, loud exhausts, hell shiny intercoolers? Where will it end?
Author:  munster [ February 02, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

kotomile wrote:Talk about an overreaction! I'm not a big fan of spinners, but I wouldn't want to see them banned without a *good* reason (and I can't think of a good reason why they'd be dangerous). If a state is allowed to ban something auto-related for being a distraction, how far will they go to rid the roadways of other "distractions"? Bright paint, large wheels, loud exhausts, hell shiny intercoolers? Where will it end?
I think you're going a little overboard, but I know what you're saying. In Pennsylvania, you can't drive with neons lit or any strobes going. Those stupid led tire lights are illegal too. They're all illegal under the distraction idea. I don't know if spinners are as much of a distraction as every light strobing on a vehicle, but I knew that someone would say that they were eventually.
All times are UTC-04:00 Page 1 of 2