thejdm.com v6 [2026 rebirth]
https://thejdm.com/forum/
Print view

~~~> Jezek's Build Up Thread ^_^
https://thejdm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6075
Page 1 of 5
Author:  Jezek [ April 19, 2006 ]
Post subject:  ~~~> Jezek's Build Up Thread ^_^

I figured I would take some pics of how my car looks last night while I was over there working on it....so I decided to just make a build up thread to keep all the people that are curious/care updated on the progress.

On with the pics, in no particular order... ( future mods, ordered parts, etc follow )

Image

Image

My friend / mechanic Patrick and I being dumb...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Hella messy lol...3 cars and 387562396 parts...

Image

:( :lol:

Image

Image

Just one section of about 1 million holes that we're filling...

Image


So yeah, last night we were just sanding down the bondo filled holes. The battery is going to be re-located to the hatch so that hole will be gone as well as a few other ones that will be plugged. Fuse box is being moved, wipers are gone, the clutch resevoir is gonna be tucked too....big thing big things. We're trying to make it as clean as possible considering the b00st. As you can see the motor is out...and soon I'll be having the whole front clip sprayed black color matched to the roof. Valve cover is going in for powder coating too in wrinkle red ( yeah, played out, but cheap :) )

As far as the actual motor build, it's going slow....because I have no parts yet ( besides the turbo + intercooler + piping etc ) :lol:

Here's what's on the way ( with a LOT more to go :???: haha I'm gonna be so broke this summer ) :

Wiseco 8.5:1 Pistons
Crower Forged I-Beam Rods
Cometic Head gasket
ARP head studs
780cc injectors
Darton Sleeves

Auto power 4pt. roll bar ( exactly like oc's )

And list of what still needs to be done ( besides boost ):

Painted bay
Painted interior
Removing heat core
Removing all the left over a/c components
Relocate battery ( Optima )
Install Recaros
Install R.J.S. Harness
Custom gauge panel where the block off plate is
Install EDM/JDM Clock
Fix front lip LOL

And prolly a ton more...

But, yeah as of now...I should be recieving most parts this month. I also have some GSR brakes to through on the front for now...and next month I'll be ordering cams, cam gears, etc. Patrick will be doing the P&P on the head for me as well. I'm also thinking of getting a larger turbo haha....so yeah...I'm doing hella shopping.

I got a lot to do. Estimated completion date: August @ the latest.

Commets, questions....bring 'em on 8)
Author:  Sean @ NDF [ April 19, 2006 ]
Post subject: 

damn, that bays gonna look fucking clean man
Author:  tomoyasu [ April 19, 2006 ]
Post subject: 

looks real good man, gonna be sick
Author:  munster [ April 19, 2006 ]
Post subject: 

Awesome. :up: Keep this thread updated.

Will the bondo hold up in the holes? Why not weld em shut w/ patches? Are the autopower cages certified for teh track?

I'm doing the same over next winter when I put my new block in. Wire tuck, clean up the bay, cage, etc.
Author:  SingleCamEJ8 [ April 19, 2006 ]
Post subject: 

WOW!
Author:  ls.pwrd.hb. [ April 19, 2006 ]
Post subject: 

damn from clean to cleaner
Author:  boostjunkie95 [ April 20, 2006 ]
Post subject: 

That car was tits before, after this its gonna be tits + beer. Jezek your sick. :bang:
Author:  taylor [ April 20, 2006 ]
Post subject: 

awesome Jezek! i've followed this build for awhile....its coming out really nice! i love the way the exterious looks. love the whole car man
Author:  pleej [ April 20, 2006 ]
Post subject: 

8) :up: thats gona be even sicker just sick dame i even feel sick :lol:
Author:  mcmBuilt [ April 20, 2006 ]
Post subject: 

COOL, Nice pics!
All times are UTC-04:00 Page 1 of 5