I'm excited to announce that thejdm is now updated to the latest phpbb 3.2 software. You may notice the site is now mobile friendly but with the upgrade comes some hiccups. theGarage, theGallery, theArcade are no longer supported. In due time the developers should be working to release the modifications to work on the new software. #LetsMakeForumsGreatAgain
Banzai's General Discussion/Build up thread
- idreamidrive
- Posts: 2769
- Joined: August 01, 2005
- Contact:
- SingleCamEJ8
- Posts: 4434
- Joined: April 11, 2006
- Location: 559
- Contact:
It honestly depends where you plan to move to honestly. Calgary although a beautiful city was not as impressive due to their horrible roads, and inclines getting into alot of places. The same could be said about Winnipeg however, but on a much smaller scale.Sean @ ESG wrote:Im thinking of moving to Canada after I graduate...good place to live?
Anywhere east of Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, etc. although wonderful cities, you'll slowly year by year watch your investment (I <3 My Honda) rot away. The reason being, alot of east coast cities use a high mixture of salt to deice the winter roads.
In my honest opinion if you were able to move anywhere in Canada, I would recommend Vancouver any day of the week. I've been there numorous times, due to family, and friends, and recently as many of you now, traveled half way across Canada in the Honda this summer just to go there. Beautiful city, there was never a morning where I woke up, and was not extremely impressed with the mountain, and ocean sceanery within the 2 week period that I was there.
With that said, Vancouver is also a great place surprisingly come winter, as winter temperatures tend to be alot more mild compared to the rest of Canada (especially Winnipeg where we can at times hit -40+ Celcius), and most often then not Vancouver hardly ever sees major snow falls.
Again it's honestly going to depend what you're looking for, Calgary is comparable to Winnipeg, but on an extremely larger scale of course. Calgary also has a similar minimum wage, and pay scale as Winnipeg, however the cost of living due to the scenery, etc. is ALOT higher then Winnipeg. Where as the cost of living in Vancouver was very similar to Winnipeg, but purchasing a house within Vancouver is where it'll cost you quite abit of money. Again you have to factor in the scenery, and atmosphere that Vancouver provides you with. However Vancouver's minimum wage, and pay scale evens out with there high cost of housing.
When, and if I can ever find the time, and finances to do so, I will be picking up, and instantly moving to Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Sean @ NDF
- Posts: 13082
- Joined: January 24, 2005
- Location: Narita-Yokohama
- Contact:
- Sean @ NDF
- Posts: 13082
- Joined: January 24, 2005
- Location: Narita-Yokohama
- Contact:




