| thejdm.com v6 [2026 rebirth] https://thejdm.com/forum/ Print view |
|
| Bennett's dilemma https://thejdm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7967 |
Page 1 of 3 |
| Author: | Bennett @ ESG [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | Bennett's dilemma ***UPDATE*** |
Here is the deal. Tomorrow I might audition for a local theater's Singin in the Rain musical. There is a good chance I get a lead role. It would be tons of fun say I got the gig, but I am already pretty busy, and this would make my life nonstop as I am full time teaching and taking classes 3 nights a week to finish my credential. PLUS, if I get the part I wouldn't be able to attend my precious Bimmerfest in May as the show runs that weekend along with a couple others. I know the choice is up to me, but any thoughts? advice? sorry for those gnetters who already read this. |
|
| Author: | munster [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'd go for it. It's an experience. You'd be busy, but it'd be worth it. |
|
| Author: | Bennett @ ESG [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | |
plus 1 for munster for not calling me a homo. |
|
| Author: | munster [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | |
Theatre actually teaches you alot when it comes to carrying yourself in front of an audience/the public. |
|
| Author: | Bennett @ ESG [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | |
exactly. Not to mention, chicks love guys who do theatre, especially straight guys |
|
| Author: | SingleCamEJ8 [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | |
id do it....thespian chicks are sometimes hot. |
|
| Author: | 77 [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | |
If this is something that is going to detract from your professional aspirations, I would let it go until you have more free time to really enjoy it. |
|
| Author: | idreamidrive [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | |
since i am not coming out to bimmerfest, the only reason you wanted to go, its okay if you skip it. i personally would skip this play until you have some more free time, there are going to always be plays after this one |
|
| Author: | Bennett @ ESG [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | |
I appreciate everyone's input. It would be good to wait until I have a little more time, but I don't think that time will be anytime soon. Especially since Ill be moving back to LA to teach come fall. |
|
| Author: | Sean @ NDF [ February 25, 2007 ] |
| Post subject: | |
take a break from trying to be Sir John Hare and come to Bimmerfest with your brother and I. |
|
| All times are UTC-04:00 | Page 1 of 3 |
|
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited |
|