thejdm.com v6 [2026 rebirth]
https://thejdm.com/forum/
Print view

Boredom?
https://thejdm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5093
Page 1 of 2
Author:  munster [ November 17, 2005 ]
Post subject:  Boredom?

If you guys are ever bored and are looking for something to do...go have hernia surgery. It's tons of fun, lots of drugs, blood, and pain. It's like a good movie. *holding stomach to cough*

Surgery only lasts 15-30 minutes and the pain lasts the rest of the night. You can't stand up straight. It's just so awesome. :roll:
Author:  .saint [ November 17, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

:up: count me in.
Author:  98BomexCiv [ November 17, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

Damn that sucks...cant imagine :cry:
Author:  munster [ November 17, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

This is 2 for me now.

I got the first one from screaming. I don't know what this one was from. I'm just glad they were able to keep my belly button. They were going to REMOVE it!

I would have told people that I was born in a test tube if they took it out.
Author:  77 [ November 17, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

Heh, that'd be bad ass to not have a belly button or nipples.

Sucks about the surgery though. :-(
Author:  Secret Squirrel [ November 17, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

ouch....do they go in through ur belly button to minimize scarring?



SS
Author:  munster [ November 17, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

Secret squirrel wrote:ouch....do they go in through ur belly button to minimize scarring?



SS
No. My first hernia they had to cut below my belly button. Roughly a 2" incision since they repair it using a scope. This incision is vertical above my belly button. I haven't seen it yet since I'm still all bandaged up and wrapped with a spandex belt.

I wish I would have this spandex belt after the first surgery. The first time I had to hug a pillow to cough or else I could tear the stitches. I also got mesh implanted with this one.
Author:  98BomexCiv [ November 17, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

Damn dude I bet you look like Richard Simmons...Im just playin that would suck :worry:
Author:  munster [ November 18, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

98BomexCiv wrote:Damn dude I bet you look like Richard Simmons...Im just playin that would suck :worry:
This belt is like one of those back braces. I just figured out that it's pretty much impossible to sleep with it on. Super uncomfortable.
Author:  Sean @ NDF [ November 18, 2005 ]
Post subject: 

I would want to go through it without anesthisia (sp?)
All times are UTC-04:00 Page 1 of 2